My talk on The Microbiome & Probiotics in Pregnancy & Lactation
This education module was developed through my role as Health Professional Educator for Qiara Probiotics & is suitable for health professionals from many modalities, and there are specific modules for; 1/ Midwives, Lactation Consultants, Maternal & Child Health Nurses, 2/ Naturopaths, Nutritionists, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Physios etc 3/ Pharmacists
The webinar OR live workshop covers the latest clinical updates on the microbiome and why optimisation is so crucial in this life stage. Including a review of scientifically researched therapeutic probiotic strains for pregnancy and lactation. As this is a super dynamic field the module is updated regularly as new research is published.
This non-product, evidence based educational seminar covers the topics of:
- What the microbiome is
- Breastmilk microbiome & PREbiotics
- What causes Dysbiosis?
- Restoring & maintaining the microbiome > Diet and lifestyle
- Why the microbiome is crucial in pregnancy and lactation
- What are probiotics and why does STRAIN specificity matter?
- What makes a probiotic effective and therapeutic?
- Which strains are clinically relevant in pregnancy & lactation? > a review of research on specific strains and why evidence matters.
- A closer look at breastmilk strain Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716 > clinical research & case studies
I present the workshop at in-services on-wards, education days, pre-conference & conference workshops. The events are always a huge success generating a lively discussion & great feedback
Please get in touch if you have an event opportunity coming up..